The Institute for Chinese Studies proudly co-sponsors:
DRAGON LIGHTS COLUMBUS
The Magic Returns to Ohio Expo Center
23 November 2018 to 6 January 2019
Ohio Expo Center717 East 17th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43211
DRAGON LIGHTS COLUMBUS returns for a third year to the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds with a new name (formerly, Ohio Chinese Lantern Festival) and 100% new lantern displays! See the brand new light sculptures, more exciting performances, and lots more fun and cultural experience!
DRAGON LIGHTS COLUMBUS will light up Natural Resources Park in Ohio Expo Center with brand new, larger-than-life illuminated displays crafted by Chinese artisans. A team of artisans hail from Zigong, Sichuan, China’s cultural capital for the ancient art of lantern-making. In addition to lanterns, nightly performances, and handicrafts, the event will also offer food and beverages. Our menu includes a variety of Chinese and traditional fair food, as well as assorted beverages.
(included in admission):
. Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday: 6:30 & 8:00 pm
. Friday & Saturday: 6:30, 8:00 & 9:00 pm
. Closed Mondays, except for Dec. 24 & 31
Fee for festival admission does not include
parking ($6 cash only) and food vendors.
- Chinese Lanterns: Dragon Lights Columbus brings thrilling entertainment and ancient Chinese culture to life during this 6 week event.
- Traditional Handicrafts: Visitors also get a chance to see how some of the most popular Chinese handicrafts are made at the festival. Handicraft demonstration this year includes name painting, crystal engraving and aluminum weaving.
- Nightly Performances: Our Chinese performers have decades of experience and offer a glimpse of Chinese stage culture. Some traditional Chinese acts featured include: face changing, contortionist, Chinese Yo-Yo among others.
- Lantern Food Court: Asian and American food is available for purchase in the festival. We're partnering with various local food vendors to make sure that our festival is not only a feast for your eyes but also for your stomach! Lantern Food Court and our dinning area is indoor with tables and chairs.
- Panda Theater: Surrounded by panda lantern displays, visitors can watch real live pandas through real-time cameras in the one and only panda base in the world - Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Every Tuesday and Wednesday, selected Chinese movies with English subtitles will be played at Panda Theater as well. Panda Theater is included in the festival admission.
- Time Travel Photo Booth: With little effort you can travel back in time! Visitors can try on our costumes from different dynasties and share your pictures on social media. Time Travel Photo Booth is included in festival admission.
Presented by Tianyu Arts & Culture, Inc. Co-sponsored by OSU's Institute for Chinese Studies, East Asian Studies Center.