Declaring a Major/Minor


To declare a major or a minor, from the list below download the appropriate form onto your desktop (do not complete the form while it is showing in your browser). Page 2 of the form is a list of the major/minor requirements. Once you have an understanding of the requirements, complete the "major/minor program form" electronically, and submit the completed form to the Undergraduate Director Prof. Kirk A. Denton by email attachment. The form is a projection of how you foresee fulfilling the requirements for the major. For those course you have already completed under the quarter system, list them as quarter system courses. All other courses should be listed with semester system course numbers. Include your surname in the file name of the attached pdf file (e.g., "smith chinese major program form.pdf") and add to the subject line of your email "major program form."

If you wish to discuss the major requirements before you declare, you should see Professor Kirk Denton, DEALL Undergraduate Studies Director ( in 375 Hagerty Hall (tel. 614-292-5548). Professor Denton can also assign declared majors an Academic Advisor in DEALL—someone on the faculty who is an expert in your area of interest and can advise you about your studies on an ongoing basis. In addition, if you are in the Honors Program or are interested in finding out about it, you should contact our Honors and Scholars Advisor, Professor Kerim Yasar in 329 Hagerty Hall.

General inquiries should be directed to Thomas Beyl, Academic Advisor, in 355 Hagerty Hall (tel. 614-688-2582).

[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact