Autumn 2023 DEALL Undergraduate Diversity Award
Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures
Calling for applications from undergraduate students across campus!
If you plan to and have declared Chinese, Japanese, or Korean as your major in the 2023-2024 academic year, you are welcome and encouraged to apply for our Autumn 2023 Undergraduate Diversity Award. The award in $500 will be offered to a new major in this year. The recipient of the award will have the opportunity to work with the DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) committee in DEALL to strengthen the culture of diversity in the department.
We understand diversity to be dynamic, constituted by persons from a growing array of backgrounds, cultures, identities and experiences. Examples include, but are not limited to, ethnic and/or racial background, social or economic disadvantage, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics or attributes that may contribute to the diversity of our department.
The award will be made available to the awardee following their declaration of the major in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean and their enrollment in the major program. For information on declaring a major, see: https://artsandsciences.osu.edu/advising/declare-your-major.
The deadline for the award is Monday, November 11, 2023.
Students who plan to declare or have declared their major in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean and have started their enrollment in the major program in Autumn 2023 are eligible to apply for the award. Students must complete their declaration of the major in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean and have begun their enrollment in the major program in this semester to receive the prize money from the award.
To apply, submit these materials to Professor Meow Hui Goh (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline:
- Your completed application form (see below), send as a Word file
- Your OSU Advising Report
If you have any inquiries, please send them to Professor Meow Hui Goh. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Form for DEALL Undergraduate Diversity Award
- Full Name:
- OSU email:
- Current academic rank (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior):
- The major of interest (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean):
- Have you begun enrollment in the major program? (Yes or No):
- Have you declared the major this semester? (Yes or No):
- If you have not declared the major, will you declare the major this semester? (Yes or No):
- Anticipated date of completion of the major (e.g. Spring 2026):
- Share your reflection on diversity based on your experience (100 words)
- Describe your vision for diversity within OSU and DEALL (100 words)
- Describe your ideas for proactively promoting and strengthening diversity among undergraduate students in DEALL (200-300 words)
- Additional comments (optional; 100 words)