Presented by the East Asian Studies Center:
- Monday, June 10 - Friday, June 14, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Lead Instructor: Prof. Ann Marie Davis, The Ohio State University
- Lunch and parking tokens provided daily
- Location: Columbus, Ohio (The Ohio State University campus)
- Upon request, on-campus housing will be provided free of charge for participants who reside more than 30 miles away from seminar site.
- Online Registration (April 1)
2019 Seminar Format & Content
This seminar will examine the major trends, global issues, and historic foundations that shape East Asian society. Focusing on the regions that comprise present day China, Japan, and Korea, the course will emphasize print media, visual culture, and archival collections whenever germane.
OPTIONAL: Graduate Credit
Interested participants may opt to purchase graduate credit from The Ohio State University in Summer 2019. Successful completion of the seminar is worth two graduate credits. Regular OSU graduate tuition rates apply, details and deadlines will be included when availalbe.
– Freeman Foundation
– The Ohio State University/East Asian Studies Center (NCTA-Ohio seminar coordinating site)
– University of Pittsburgh/East Asian Studies Center (NCTA National coordinating site)
Applications received by April 1, 2019 will receive priority.
Please contact Janet Smith with any questions.